All Your Favorites:
- Food: Steak. Preferably Prime Rib
- Movie: Pulp Fiction
- Movie Character: Jules Winnfield
- Book (Author): The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
- Book Character (what book?): Holden Caulfield
- Show: King of Queens or Seinfeld
- Type of Music: Country
- Musical Artist or Band: Mumford and Sons or Eric Church
- Song (Artist): Lover’s Eyes (Mumford)
- Artist: Norman Rockwell
- Painting: Choosin’ Up
- City (foreign or domestic): Healdsburg
- State: CA
- Country: USA
- Place (anywhere): The Country View in my home town.
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Working out/Hiking
- Hobby: Taking snapchats of my good pal, Kert Woods.
- Board Game: Life… it teaches good lessons.
- Monopoly Piece: Top Hat
- Quote: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” (Mark Twain)
Why did you choose Santa Clara?
Great business program. Also great baseball facilities. Coaches put number one emphasis on competing and winning which is what I love to do. The unis are sweet too.
What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
It’s the greatest sport ever created. You can come out to the yard everyday and compete your bag off but constantly be humbled. It’s a children’s game that adults will never figure out. I love getting better and playing against such high competition.
Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
José Viz Jr. We compete in literally everything we do. Even though I win most of the time it’s still fun to make him think he has a chance. Oh Bluffy.
Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
Kenny Treadwell in a “who wore it weirder” competition. Phil Brady “Who has more energy at 5:30 am?”. Looney “Who stays at the field longer?”. Conan Obrien “Who is less funny?”. 2 Chainz “Who has more swag?”.
5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
My Grandpa who passed away in ’04, Jesus, Grant Balfour, Jerry Seinfeld, Marcus Mumford.
What would you do with a billion dollars?
Invest ¼ of it, donate ¼ of it then spend the rest on a lake house and travel around the globe.
What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
Own my own winery. Grow my own grapes and make my own wine. Or start a landscaping company.
What does your ideal day look like?
Wake up early but not too early. Let’s say 8:30. Enjoy a nice cup of Joe with some eggs, sausage, pancakes. Go get a nice pump in come home and shower. Go to the beach with some pals then get some lunch. Watch some baseball on TV. Then that night meet up with my buddy José Viz Jr. and go to Vegas.
What’s the #1 item on your Bucket List?
Run with the bulls in Spain.