1) All Your Favorites:
- Food: Dad’s salmon with mashed potatoes and rice, and a couple veggies.
- Movie: The Sandlot
- Book (Author): Holes – Louis Sachar
- Book Character (Book): Fitzwilliam Darcy – Pride and Prejudice
- Show: How I Met Your Mother
- Type of Music: Country
- Musical Artist or Band: Jason Aldean
- Song (Artist): Fish – Craig Campbell
- City (foreign or domestic): Agate Bay, California
- State: California
- Country: Spain
- Place to be (anywhere): batter’s box
- Sport: baseball
- Activity: wakeboarding
- Hobby: basketball
- Board Game: Sorry!
- Monopoly Piece: top hat
- Quote: “Use the losses and failures of the past as a reason for action, not inaction.” – Unknown
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
The opportunity to join a D1 program with a new coaching staff that is looking to make a huge change at a school with a lot of potential, and a school with great academics. This school fits me perfect and has all the ingredients for me to be successful on and off the field.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
I fell in love with this game as a child and nothing makes more happy then to step in between the lines and to just play. This sport is so unique and no other sport can be compared to the amount of mental toughness you need to play baseball. This game has an unbelievable tradition that no other sport in the world has. Baseball challenges you mentally and physically, but also teaches you life lessons to take off the field. As a freshman, I don’t know much about the college game, but so far from fall ball I have learned that there is no room for a selfish player because everyone on the team is striving towards a common goal: winning.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
I feel the returners have done a great job in adjusting from two completely different coaching staffs and completely buying in to what this new staff is trying to do with a remodeled theme for Santa Clara Baseball. As far as the Freshman go, we are doing everything we can to make an impact on the field and making all the philosophical values that the coaches teach into life habits. Personally, the fall has gone well, but I am nowhere close to where I will be by the time the spring season comes around. There is still an incredible amount of work and learning to do in my adjustment from the high school and college level.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
Coaches Lee and Ribas push me hard in our Crossfit competitions…I’ll give them a draw…they’re both pretty strong! Without knowing much about each guy on the team I’d have to say I’m impressed with Mike Couch’s attitude toward winning…he wants it bad and throws fits when he loses (I love it!). It’s also clear that Zach Looney is a winner and I’d love to compete with, or against, either of those guys because they’ll make me better.
6) People, living or dead, to compete against (learn from)? In what?
- Nolan Ryan (fastball)
- Kellen Lee (weight room)
- Most Interesting Man in the World (to be the most interesting)
- Dad (how to survive in the real world)
7) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
8) What would you do with a billion dollars?
I wouldn’t really know what to do with it, but I’d probably buy a huge house with lots of fancy stuff. Then donate a couple million to a foundation for kids that don’t have the resources to play baseball. Also, I would try to find a baseball related job so I wouldn’t have to work a day in my life.
9) #1 on your Bucket List?
10) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who, what, where?
Jennifer Aniston, dinner and a movie, on the way to the moon. Boom.