All Your Favorites:
- Food: Ice Cream
- Movie: Fight Club
- Movie Character: Mel Gibson in The Patriot
- Book (Author): Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
- Show: Band of Brothers / Game of Thrones
- Type of Music: Classic Rock
- Musical Artist or Band: AC/DC
- Song (Artist): Nothing But a Good Time (Poison)
- Artist: Leonardo Da Vinci
- Painting: Sistine Chapel Ceiling
- City (foreign or domestic): Chicago
- State: California
- Country: USA
- Place (anywhere): Houseboat on Lake Shasta
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Having a good time with the Family
- Hobby: watching movies
- Board Game: Taboo
- Monopoly Piece: the car
- Quote: “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I liked the idea of being close to home and the perks of going to Santa Clara are amazing…(Just a few off the top of my head include: Great business school, great facilities, small class size, good reputation, etc.) But my choice for college came down to the best place for me to play baseball.
What draws you to baseball? What is special about the college game?
First I played baseball because I was good at it and the older I grew I thought of baseball as more than a game, but a family where almost all of my best friendships and moments have come from. No matter what is going on in my life I have always had baseball and my team to fall back on and being on the infield during a game is a complete escape from real life and is a feeling and happiness I’ve had nowhere else.
Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
Max Deering because he always wants to win but at the same time he’d be the first one to study how you are doing something and give you a tip to help you out. He’s very observant and someone who can almost always offer a great piece of advice.
Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- My brother Trevor (in anything)
- One of my best friends from high school Hendee Wall (in any game he thinks he’ll beat me at)
- Pete Rose (Base running to see that crazy leaping headfirst slide)
- Omar Vizquel (in fielding so I can watch his glove)
- Babe Ruth (in a HR derby to watch the legend hit one out).
What would you do with a billion dollars?
First make sure my entire family had all they needed and no money worries, then I’d buy cars for my brothers and I (mine would be the fastest) and then buy a lake house, beach house, and cabin with all the outdoor accessories to have a vacation spot for all times of the year.
What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
Hopefully be living a healthy and successful lifestyle and starting a family.
What does your ideal day look like?
Wake up on vacation with no worries or obligations and the only goal in mind is to have a great day with either the family or my friends.
What’s the #1 item on your Bucket List?
Go sky diving