1) All Your Favorites:
- Food: Mom’s Spaghetti
- Movie: The Hurt Locker
- Movie Character: Kevin Spacey–The Usual Suspects
- Book (Author): East Of Eden-Steinbeck
- Book Character (what book?): Samuel Hamilton-East Of Eden
- Show: Seinfeld
- Type of Music: 90’s
- Musical Artist or Band: Eminem-rapper Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Album: Dr. Dre. 2001
- Song (Artist): “When The Music Stops” (Eminem)
- Artist: M.C. Escher
- Painting: “Wanderer Above The Sea of Fog”
- City (foreign or domestic): Santa Barbara
- State: California
- Country: United States of America
- Place (anywhere): Bora Bora
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Ping Pong
- Hobby: Hiking/Surfing
- Board Game: Monopoly
- Monopoly Piece: Top Hat
- Quote: “I can resist anything but temptation” Oscar Wilde
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
Great academics, and beautiful baseball field.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
It is difficult to explain what draws me to baseball. I don’t know anymore. When I first started playing this game I just played it. I never knew the intricacies of the game. Now it at this level the game is analyzed so much, and there is something mysterious that lures me to it. What makes baseball appealing to me are the special moments in baseball. This past year in professional baseball has made me appreciate the game so much more than it ever has. Seeing MoneyBall and watching the playoffs, and the World Series has made me love the game. I love watching college baseball because of the players desire to win. I love the cohesion that occurs within a team, then seeing them play together in sync. I love the brotherhood aspect of the game; when team chemistry translates into winning, it is a beautiful thing.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
The fall season personally, has not gone as planned. Being hurt for a week took away from some possible innings. However, I believe I have made the most of my time. I feel like I am getting stronger in the weight room. I have also translated some of the philosophies into my life outside of baseball and I think that has helped me alleviate some of the stresses in my life. I love the coaching staff. I can see development not only in my self, but in the players around me.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
I like to compete with Couch. We have similar styles. And I think competing with him makes me better.
6) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- Kelley Slater- Surfing
- Albert Pujols-Baseball
- Shakespeare-arm wrestling
- Jack Nicholas-Golf