1) All Your Favorites:
a) Food: Seafood
b) Movie: Law Abiding Citizen
c) Movie Character: Brick (Steve Carrel- Anchorman)
d) Book (Author): Kite Runner
e) Book Character (what book?):
f) Show: Workaholics
g) Type of Music: Reggae
h) Musical Artist or Band: The Dirty Heads
i) Song (Artist): Check the Level (The Dirty Heads)
j) Artist: Rachel Castilleja
k) Painting: Rasta Bob
l) City (foreign or domestic): Outer Banks
m) State: Colorado
n) Country: New Zealand
o) Place (anywhere): Fiji
p) Sport: Golf
q) Activity: Ping Pong
r) Hobby: Drawing/Painting
s) Board Game: Clue
t) Monopoly Piece: Top Hat
u) Quote: “How can you not be romantic about baseball” –Billy Bean (Brad Pitt)
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I chose Santa Clara mainly because of the coaching staff and the location. I always wanted to come play on the west coast, and I felt like the new coaching staff here provided me the best opportunity to develop as a person and a baseball player.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
The competitive nature of the game really attracts me to it.
4) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
My favorite guy to compete with on the team is Kenny Treadwell mainly because it is hard to beat that guy in anything. Whether it is running a mile, lifting, or playing ping pong, he is just a competitor that seems to be good at everything.
5) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
My brother Brandon (anything), Roy Halladay (baseball), best friend Craig (anything), Dad (anything), Cal Ripken Jr.
6) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
Michael Jordan, Cal Ripken Jr., Martin Luther King Jr., Bob Marley, Paul Rudd
7) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Make sure my family is set and my parents don’t have to work anymore. Travel the world with the extra money and help people in need.
8) What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
I want to be pitching in the MLB.
9) What does your ideal day look like?
Huge breakfast, hike, nap, play baseball, seafood dinner, and then go camping in the mountains.
10) What’s the #1 item on your Bucket List?
Live in New Zealand/Australia for a year or two.