1) All Your Favorites:
- Food: My dad’s pork chops
- Movie: Happy Gilmore
- Movie Character: Allen (Hangover)
- Book (Author): Black Light (Steven Hunter)
- Book Character (what book?): Lennie Small (Of Mice and Men)
- Show: It’s Always Sunny in Philly
- Type of Music: Country
- Musical Artist or Band: Gary Allen
- Album: Waking Up (One Republic)
- Song (Artist): Best I Ever Had (Gary Allen)
- Artist: Michelangelo
- Painting: Sistine Chapel Ceiling
- City (foreign or domestic): Fortuna
- State: California
- Country: United States!
- Place (anywhere): La Corona in Red Bluff
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Anything active
- Hobby: Snowboarding
- Board Game: Loaded Question
- Monopoly Piece: Horse
- Quote: “If you ain’t first your last”, “Rule number 76, ‘no excuses, play like a champion.”
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I chose Santa Clara because of the education, Steven Schott Stadium, and the location.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
I have always loved baseball, from the time I was able to walk. I love how difficult it is, and that it is the only thing in life that if you fail 7 times out of 10 you’re a hall of famer. College baseball is so special because of the team camaraderie that is created, and the trust that is created between each other.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
The team has made big strides from the first day. We all came in this year not knowing what to expect, so we have all adjusted quite well to each other and know what is expected of us now. Personally, my fall has been going slow, but I am just fortunate enough to be able to be back here for another year.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
I love competing with Justin Viele. He’s one of those guys that you love to have on your team, without a doubt you know that this guy is coming to the yard everyday to get better and compete. I love that we play the same position so I have him around to push me even further and to not take any reps off. That kind of work effort is contagious.
6) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- Saxon Peters – anything
- Skiff Peters – comebacks
- Kurt Rambis – basketball
- Alex Rivers – who’s nicest
- Barry Bonds – who can hit the ball further
7) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Olivia Wilde
- Ricky Henderson
- Chris Farley
- Albert Einstein
- Charlie Day
8) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Buy an island. Buy a house in the mountains on a river. Visit every Major League baseball stadium in one season. Buy season tickets to the San Francisco Giants / 49’ers.
9) #1 on your Bucket List?
See the Seven Wonders of the World.
10) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who? What? Where?
Ali Rambis, going to a San Francisco Giants baseball game in San Francisco and afterwards hopping on a jet and flying to Paris for dinner and dessert and then finishing the night sitting looking at the sunset on a beach in Greece.