1) All Your Favorites:
a. Food: Sushi
b. Movie: Caddyshack
c. Movie Character: Ringer (Bill Murray, Stripes)
d. Book (Author): Eragon (Christopher Paolini)
e. Book Character (what book?): Eragon (Eragon)
f. Show: Seinfeld
g. Type of Music: Hawaiian
h. Musical Artist or Band: Jack Johnson
j. Song (Artist): If I had eyes
m. City (foreign or domestic): Waikiki
n. State: Hawaii
o. Country: Italy
p. Place (anywhere): Grand Wailea
q. Sport: Baseball
r. Activity: Pick up football
s. Hobby: Watching football
t. Board Game: Monopoly
u. Monopoly Piece: Thimble
v. Quote: “If you aren’t first, you’re last.” –Ricky Bobby
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I really like how Santa Clara is close to home. They have great facilities academically and in baseball. Also, the small classes were a huge plus for me.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
I love how you can’t take a pitch off in baseball. If you do, the ball will find you. It’s crazy how the game works like that. I also love the history of baseball. No other sport has historic moments like baseball does.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
The fall season has been a huge learning opportunity for me. I’ve learned what college baseball is like compared to high school. As a team we have really gelled the past few weeks. We’re starting to understand each other as players on the field and get closer on a personal level as well.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
My favorite guy to compete with is Peter Danna. We went to the same high school together so we have always pushed each other on the baseball field. Peter is a guy who is going to work his tail off every day and it motivates me.
6) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- Randy Johnson (An at-bat)
- Peter Danna (Madden)
- My dad (Golf)
- Usain Bolt (40 yard dash)
- Dez Bryant (football)
7) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Tony Romo
- Ken Griffey Jr.
- Jessica Biel
- Rory McIlroy
- Brian Wilson
8) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Move to Hawaii and buy a house on the beach. Buy a huge tv with NFL Sunday Ticket
9) #1 on your Bucket List?
See a great white shark in the wild
10) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who? What? Where?
Jessica Biel. Go on a hike in Maui, have dinner at Roy’s, then go back to Grand Wailea and lay on the beach.