1) All Your Favorites:
a. Food: Pierogies with sautéed onions, bacon, and sour cream.
b. Movie: Sandlot
c. Movie Character: Creasy (Denzel Washington, Man on Fire)
d. Book (Author): Forest Gump (Winston Groom)
e. Book Character (Book): Merlyn (The Once and Future King)
f. Show: Entourage
g. Type of Music: Classic Rock
h. Musical Artist or Band: Led Zeppelin
i. Album (Artist): “Bang Bang” (Dispatch)
j. Song (Artist): “Over The Rainbow” (Brother Iz)
k. Artist: Frank Lloyd Wright (Architect)
l. Painting (Artist): Abraham Licoln (Salvador Dali)
m. City (foreign or domestic): Toronto, CA
n. State: California
o. Country: Greece
p. Place to be (anywhere): Golf Course
q. Sport: Baseball
r. Activity: Golf
s. Hobby: Golf
t. Board Game: Loaded Questions
u. Monopoly Piece: Top Hat
v. Quote: “I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” (Ecclesiates 9:11)
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
A place to grow as an athlete, student, and human being to prepare myself for the future, and for the opportunity to play with my brother for two years.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
The one on one battle between pitcher and hitters that pitchers win a majority of the time. The college game is special because of the camaraderie.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
The fall has been productive physically, but more importantly mentally. We have identified and addressed many mental issues that will help the team perform as a unit and win ball games. Personally I have started to understand how there is more than “stuff” to pitching.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
Tommy Nance. He is a pitcher who pushes me to get better everyday because I know that he comes to work everyday.
6) People, living or dead, to compete against (learn from)? In what?
- Thain Simon (Golf, because that’s all he can compete with me in)
- Chris Simon (Words with friends, chess, other battles of wit)
- Nolan Ryan (Beating-up hitters)
- Dennis Rodman (Playing dirty)
- Ryan Leake (Height)
- Heath Bell (Bullpen Sprint)
6B) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Wayne Gretzky
- Nolan Ryan
- Michael Jordon
(there are only three because we would be golfing not going to coffee. I would beat the three greatest athletes of all time, at the same time. )
7) What would you do with a billion dollars?
I would spend every month in a different place in the world, for the rest of my life.
8) #1 on your Bucket List?
Going to every continent on the planet (Antarctica is negotiable)
9) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who, what, where?
My ideal date would be with a real girl, not a celebrity. Picked up by a private jet and flown to Santorini Greece to have a private dinner, followed by a month long yacht trip throughout the Mediterranean.