All Your Favorites:
- Food: Pasta
- Movie: Remember the Titans
- Movie Character: Leonardo DiCaprio; Catch Me If You Can
- Book (Author): Friday Night Lights (H.G. Bissinger)
- Book Character (what book?): Harry Potter
- Show: Homeland
- Type of Music: Country
- Musical Artist or Band: Atmosphere
- Song (Artist): Two Coins (Dispatch)
- Artist: Picasso
- Painting: “Starry Night”
- City (foreign or domestic): Palo Alto
- State: Idaho
- Country: USA
- Place (anywhere): On any lake
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Working out
- Hobby: Playing any kind of sport
- Board Game: Monopoly
- Monopoly Piece: Race car
- Quote: “You always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” Wayne Gretzky
Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I choose Santa Clara because of the coaches, facilities and location. I wanted to go to school close to home and Santa Clara was a perfect match.
What draws you to baseball? What is special about the college game?
I have always loved playing baseball ever since I was a little kid. The team aspect as well as individual aspect of baseball is what draws me towards the game. I have also learned that many of the lessons I have learned from baseball can also be applied to the real world.
Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
I enjoy competing with CJ Jacobe because of his competitive spirit. I enjoy competing against Zach Loony because he always wants to beet you in everything.
Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- My brother (anything)
- Hit off Justin Verlander
- Lebron James (1-on-1)
- Cover Calvin Johnson
- Derek Jeter (ground balls)
5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- My mom
- Vince Vaughn
- Tom Brady
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Miguel Cabrera
What would you do with a billion dollars?
If I had a million dollars I would buy a lake house in Idaho and live life to the fullest.
What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
I want to still be playing baseball.
What does your ideal day look like?
My ideal day starts with waking up and having a great breakfast. After a quick workout I would then come back home and hang out with my friends. We would both play football or baseball and then watch a funny movie.
What’s the #1 item on your Bucket List?
Play in the big leagues