1) All Your Favorites:
- Food: Fresh Copper River King Salmon
- Movie: The Departed
- Movie Character: Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne (Dumb and Dumber)
- Book (Author): all of Dan Brown‘s books
- Book Character (what book?): Robert Langdon (from DaVinci Code, Angels and Demons, and Lost Symbol)
- Show: Survivor
- Type of Music: Rap / Hip Hop
- Musical Artist or Band: Eminem
- Album: either The Eminem Show or Recovery
- Song (Artist): Free Bird (Lynard Skynard)
- City (foreign or domestic): Seattle
- State: Washington
- Country: US of A
- Place (anywhere): Safeco Field
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: playing any sport with my brothers, watching Jeopardy with my dad
- Board Game: Taboo
- Monopoly Piece: battleship
- Quote: “winners never quit, and quitters never win”
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I have multiple relatives that have gone here and it was a well-respected academic and athletic university with a strong engineering program. I loved the campus and baseball facilities when I visited and it has a perfect location in the Silicon Valley. Overall, it seemed like the best fit for me.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
I love the game. I love how intricate and complicated it is, but at the same time it is still a simple game of pitch and catch. I love the history behind the game, especially the nostalgic feeling I get whenever I walk into a professional stadium. The college game is the last level where there is still a truly team atmosphere and I love how I get to play with some of my best friends. The game of baseball also has hidden meanings and rituals and mental complexities that most people can’t comprehend. It is a wonderful game that only a handful of people ever truly understand.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
I am really excited about the way the fall has gone for our team. I feel like we have bought into the new coaching staff and what they are trying to teach us. I think we have struggled to put those teachings into action and I think, now that we have really bought into it, we’ll start applying it more and more in the next 3 months before season starts. I began the fall really well and was then shut down due to an elbow injury. This has given me perspective and motivated me better than anything else to do whatever it takes to get healthy again and help this team win in whatever way I can.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
On the pitching staff I would want to compete with or against Michael Couch. He is always competing in everything he does and makes me want to beat him and he would never let me take a rep off
6) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
My two brothers (anything)
7) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Carrie Underwood
- Olivia Wilde
- Greg Maddux
- Will Ferrell
- Mark Wahlburg
8) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Plan trips to all the different places I want to see in the world, buy house along the beach, buy a house on a lakeshore, buy a house on a mountain close to snowboarding, purchase the Seattle Mariners and lead them to their first World Series title.
9) #1 on your Bucket List?
Visit Rome and Vatican City and Australia
10) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who? What? Where?
traditional dinner and movie with Carrie Underwood followed by a walk under the stars along a beach as she sings for me. and then having a deep conversation while staring into each others’ eyes for hours culminating in a goodnight kiss.