All Your Favorites:
- Food: Chicken piccata
- Movie: Shawshank Redemption
- Movie Character: Mufasa
- Book (Author): Lone Survivor (Marcus Luttrell)
- Book Character (what book?): Marcus Luttrell (Lone Survivor)
- Show: The Newsroom
- Type of Music: Country
- Musical Artist or Band: Florida Georgia Line or Imagine Dragons
- Song (Artist): Can You Feel The Love Tonight (Elton John)
- Artist: Vladimir Kush
- Painting: African Sonata
- City (foreign or domestic): San Diego
- State: CA
- Country: United States
- Place (anywhere): San Clemente Beach
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Golf
- Hobby: Arts and Crafts
- Board Game: Clue
- Monopoly Piece: money bag
- Quote: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Why did you choose Santa Clara?
It was the school that was going to give me the greatest opportunity to excel in what ever I chose to pursue.
What draws you to baseball? What is special about the college game?
The personalities of the guys who coach and play it. The goose bumps I get from the smallest intricacies of the game. College is the best time of our lives, and we get to spend it playing baseball. I think that’s pretty special.
Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
Zach Looney for both. He’s a great guy to compete with and against, because you know he is going to empty the tank and leave everything on the field in everything he does.
Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- Coach Ribas in a game of Horse
- Michael Jordan in darts
- Shaq in a free throw competition
- Messi in a one on one
- Greg Harisis in a flare (unnecessary wrist bands/arm sleeves etc.) competition
5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- My Papa
- John Wooden
- Abraham Lincoln
- Jackie Robinson
- Clayton Kershaw
What would you do with a billion dollars?
Give back, and travel the world with whatever I had left over.
What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
Settling down with a family and running my own company.
What does your ideal day look like?
Wake up, crush a ridiculous breakfast, get on a bus and drive to Rosenblatt, win a national championship game, Dog Pile.
What’s the #1 item on your Bucket List?
Go to the World Cup