1) All Your Favorites:
- Food: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Movie: Remember the Titans
- Movie Character: Bobby Boucher from Waterboy
- Book (Author): Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Book Character (what book?): Hamlet from Hamlet
- Show: Sportscenter
- Type of Music: Reggae, Rap, and Rock
- Musical Artist or Band: Rebelution
- Album: Black by Metallica
- Song (Artist): Changes by Tupac
- Artist: Norman Rockwell
- Painting: Bottom of the Sixth by Norman Rockwell
- City (foreign or domestic): Cary, North Carolina
- State: California
- Country: America
- Place (anywhere): San Diego
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Making other people happy
- Hobby: Buying hats
- Board Game: Apples to Apples
- Monopoly Piece: Hat
- Quote: “Every minute you are angry is 60 seconds of happiness you lose.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I chose Santa Clara because I know I can learn a large amount of information about coaching and life skills from Coach O’Brien. I also wanted to help jumpstart this program to a powerhouse that it has the potential to be.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
Baseball has a certain thrill or rush that nothing else in the world provides me. It is a feeling that is indescribable to people that have never played. The aspect that is most appealing to me is standing in the batter’s box and it is you versus the pitcher, the individual battle within a team game. The college game really brings out the team concept and little kid that fell in love with the game originally. College baseball also creates the sense of “program” instead “organization” like it professional baseball.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
The fall season has been great for our team. We have identified many parts of our game that we can improve in for the spring season. The fall is designed to expose the areas on the team that needs the most improvement so we can make those adjustments necessary for success. Personally, I have learned so much by being thrown into the fire. I love the dynamic of the staff and have been able to gain some insight from everyone on it.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
My favorite guy to compete with would have to be Justin Viele because I know he will give all that he has in whatever we are doing and I can rely on him. I would love to face Brock Simon at the plate and hit a laser off of him because he is constantly telling me that he can get me out.
6) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- I would love to face Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson
- Ryan Leake in CrossFit workouts
- George Steinbrenner in building a Major League Baseball team
- Evan Kehoe in hard hit baseballs during batting practice
7) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Pete Carroll
- Phil Jackson
- Drew Brees
- Josh Hamilton
- Bill Gates
8) What would you do with a billion dollars?
I would buy myself a really nice house in Del Mar, CA along with buying a house for my parents to live in. I also would put enough away to send my brother to college. I would also donate money back to Rancho Buena Vista High School, Palomar College, and UC San Diego because I would not have gotten where I am today without the help of my education and baseball experience from those schools.
9) #1 on your Bucket List?
Hit a walk-off homerun.
10) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who? What? Where?
I would love to take Gretchen Bleiler out to coffee in the morning then out on the slopes to snowboard with her at the mountain of her choice.