1) All Your Favorites:
- Food: Pizza from Luigis in Fullerton, California
- Movie: Cast Away
- Movie Character: Forest Gump
- Book (Author): Yankee Years Joe Torre/Tom Verducci
- Book Character (what book?): Jay Gatsby (the Great Gatsby)
- Show: Seinfeld
- Type of Music: Indie, Folk, Reggae, Rock, some Country but not all
- Musical Artist or Band: The Tallest Man On Earth
- Song (Artist): The Gardener (The Tallest Man On Earth)
- Artist: Kenny Treadwell
- Painting: Interior of ClamShack Living Room
- City (foreign or domestic): Maui, Hawaii. Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Kelowna, Canada. Yorba Linda, California. Santa Clara, California.
- State: California
- Country: USA
- Place (anywhere): ClamShack
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Working out
- Hobby: Drumming or Ping Pong
- Board Game: Risk
- Monopoly Piece: Car
- Quote: “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.” Vince Lombardi
2) Why did you choose Santa Clara?
I chose Santa Clara because of the rich tradition in athletics and because I had the opportunity to go to a new place to play baseball at the Division 1 level. Also when I took a visit up here, I just really loved the campus and the atmosphere of the area.
3) What draws you to baseball? What makes it appealing to you? What is special about the college game?
Baseball has always just been something to me where I can just forget about everything else going on in my life and get lost in everything about. I love having something competitive where I can play every minute of it at 100% and every day leave the field feeling exhausted, but lucky at the same time that I have this opportunity to do what many others aren’t able to do. It appeals to me because the minute I take anything for granted in the game and not respect the opportunity that I have, the game will find a way to haunt me and remind me not to take anything for granted and just be thankful that I get to play every single day. College baseball is special because when you get on a team where there is great chemistry, then there is no place you would rather be than the field and being with your teammates. Everybody cares for one another because we all have the same goal of winning championships and just being consumed with winning unlike professional baseball where lower levels are all about moving up and making money. College baseball is tough to describe, you just have to go watch a game and see how different the environment is compared to major league baseball.
4) How has the fall season gone for the team and you personally?
The fall season has been different than any fall I’ve been apart of, in a positive way, with my time at Santa Clara. Everybody is a lot more bought in and trying a lot of different things we are not used to. We have a solid group of guys that I think are rapidly moving towards a common goal. With the new coaches here, everybody is a freshman, nobody cares what you have or haven’t done in the past, which makes it a lot more competitive day in and day out. For me, the fall has just been overall exciting; I go to the field very optimistic and eager to learn something new and to get better. I think I have matured a lot more as a player and a person so far this fall.
5) Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
My favorite guy to compete against is Mike Couch because when he gets on the mound he has a presence that a lot of guys do not have. So having success against somebody who wants it as bad as I do is always a good feeling. And I know how pissed he gets when I get a knock off him. But in the end, when the season rolls around I am glad to know that Mike will be on my team. Much love Mike, stay cool.
6) Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
7) 5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Pete Rose
- George Brett
- Nick Punto
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Vince Lombardi
8) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Give half of it to my parents and just save the rest.
9) #1 on your Bucket List?
Dog pile in Omaha.
10) What’s your ideal 1st date? Who? What? Where?
With Stephanie Covell 🙂 Pregame meal at hooters with food and drinks then walk over to the “Big A” (angel stadium), watch the Angels whoop on the Dodgers or the Yankees, then watch the Friday night firework show from the parking lot on the back of my truck, then go get an ice cream cone and feed it to each other, then head to the beach with a couple blankets and beverages and fall asleep watching the stars and listening to the ocean.