- Food: Chicken Parmesan
- Movie: Act of Valor
- Movie Character: Billy Chapel (For Love of the Game)
- Book (Author): Inferno (Dan Brown)
- Book Character (what book?): Ender Wiggin (Ender’s Game)
- Show: How I Met Your Mother
- Type of Music: Alternative Rock
- Musical Artist or Band: Mumford and Sons
- Song (Artist): Below My Feet (Mumford and Sons)
- Artist: Van Gogh
- Painting: Starry Night
- City (foreign or domestic): San Diego
- State: California
- Country: USA
- Place (anywhere): Home Plate at Schott Stadium
- Sport: Baseball
- Activity: Weight Lifting
- Hobby: Beach Volleyball
- Board Game: Pictionary
- Monopoly Piece: Car
- Quote: “I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” (Navy Seal Code)
Why did you choose Santa Clara?
It has always excited me to be part of the team that brings this historic program back to where is has been in the past. Santa Clara has an amazing history and I want to be part of the process of getting back to that point.
What draws you to baseball? What is special about the college game?
Baseball is not only a very demanding game in terms of physical skill, but it challenges you as a whole person. Baseball shows how you respond to adversity and I’ve always been fascinated with that aspect. I have always been drawn to the fact that winning requires a team effort. The college game is so special to me because it truly is about the team and playing baseball the right way.
Who is your favorite guy on the team to compete with? To compete against? Why?
I would go into any competition with Max Deering and Casey Munoz. Those two guys are unbelievably competitive and will do whatever it takes to win. I enjoy competing with all of the catching staff, we all push each other to get better every day. I like lifting with Casey and Kenny Treadwell, both of them really push me.
Top 5 people, living or dead, to compete against? In what?
- Brad Looney- Anything
- Ryan Leake- Some type of workout
- Greg Looney- HORSE
- Justin Viele- Push up Contest
- Casey Munoz- Debate
5 people, living or dead, to have coffee with?
- Derek Jeter
- Peyton Manning
- Adam Brown
- Rorke Denver
- Dan Brown
What would you do with a billion dollars?
By parents and grandparents each a mansion, travel the world, donate to cancer research, open my own Crossfit type gym
What do you want to be doing in 10 years?
I would like to have a family and being doing some type of construction or structural engineering
What does your ideal day look like?
Workout in the morning, nice breakfast and a day at the beach with Skylar Lewandowski, batting practice under the lights, dinner and movie.
What’s the #1 item on your Bucket List?
Go to Australia